These terms and conditions apply to our on-demand Drain services.
Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about the terms and conditions on which we will deal with each other.
1. We wish to set out that all the terms of the agreement between us, they are contained in this document. If you have any questions or do not accept any of the provisions included in these terms and conditions, please let us know.
2. Happy Drains Ltd uses its own employees and suitably qualified independent contractors to provide services on their behalf.
3. Independent contractors have no authority to incur liability on behalf of Happy Drains Ltd or to alter/amend contracts in anyway without the express written authority of Happy Drains Ltd.
4. We will use our best endeavours to complete the work and provide the goods and materials for the quoted amount, Quotes given by us are valid for twenty-eight days from the date they are given. However, if the cost to the company of carrying out the work is subsequently increased by reason of increases in the cost materials and/or labour and/or any other factor outside the control of Happy Drains Ltd, then we shall notify you without delay before undertaking any work explaining the reasons for the additional costs and ask you to accept the amended price.
5. CONSUMERS – The price payable by you is the price stated as the Total Due on the invoice,( inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate). The Total Due on the Invoice is payable immediately on completion of work. We will take appropriate legal action for non- payment, we will look to the customer being responsible for all costs to us allowable by the Court.
6. COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS – the price(s)quoted are exclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate. If you do not have agreed credit facilities in place with Happy drains Ltd you will be invoiced on completion of the work. The Total Due on the Invoice is payable immediately.
7. COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS Customers (with credit facilities): You will be invoiced on completion of the work. The Total Due on the invoice is payable within 28 days of the date of the invoice.
8. COMMERCIAL/BUSINESS customers – If payment is not made as set out in clauses 6 & 7, an administration charge may apply and interest will accrue on the outstanding amount at the Bank of England prevailing base rate plus 8% until payment is received in full.An administration charge will be payable in respect of any expenses incurred for presented cheques that are dishonoured.
9. Our normal business hours are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, this is when we will undertake the works. Subject to agreement, we may be able to work outside our normal business hours’ subject to a reasonable and agreed additional charge.
10. We will not be liable under this contract for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
-there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agent
-or such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach
11. You must let us know of anything which may present a hazard or danger to anyone carrying out work in your property. You must also make sure that we have clear access to any relevant drains and covers and provide us with a supply of mains electricity and water. If we incur additional work or expense as a result of your failure to provide us with clear access, mains electricity and water, we may charge you for that additional work and/or expense.
12. We guarantee all parts and labour for 90 days for repairs and 30 days for unblocking works (unless otherwise stated) from the date of effective completion and payment of the work provided. Our guarantee will not apply where faults are caused wholly or in part by your (or any other person’s) misuse or neglect of those goods and materials or as a result of fair wear and tear.
Our guarantee is issued in addition to your statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. You can obtain information about your rights from a Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department.
13. If you are a tenant you will need your landlord’s permission to allow us to carry out the work. If the property is a listed building you may require planning permission. In either case it is your responsibility to obtain any permission required for the work.
14. We will make every effort to complete the work on time (or, if no date has been agreed, within a reasonable time) but we cannot be held responsible for delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond our control. In this case we will complete the work as soon as reasonably possible. We will make every effort to keep you fully informed at all times
15. Notice of your Right to Cancel. (Please note: Works undertaken by us at your request for the purpose of emergency repairs or maintenance are exempt from this legislation)
You are entitled to cancel this agreement under the Consumer Contracts (Information Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Cancellations must be within 14 days and in writing to Happy Drains Limited at the address Unit 12B. Chalex Industrial Estate, Manor Hall Road, Southwick, East Sussex, BN42 4NH, UK or email to . Notice of cancellation is deemed to have been served as soon as it is posted or sent to us or in the case of electronic communications from the date it is sent to us. We would suggest as best practice that proof of posting is kept by you for your own records in the event of non-delivery or dispute of cancellation.